Interesting news I found on Monday – 5/7/2012 from going through my RSS and Twitter feeds (both current and historical)
The above link has a fantastic list of short articles covering a variety of Agile development topics. Worth a read for any Agilist. There are some quote gems that I pulled out an tweeted as well.
- Series on doing Modern Web Development with ASP.NET MVC
- Agile Prioritization Techniques
- How to Flex Your Leadership Muscle: What I’ve Learned Going from Engineer to CEO
- Establishing a corporate rhythm
- 10 mistakes leaders should avoid at all costs
- The Power of Pause
- No is the new yes – Four practices to reprioritize your life
- Leadership starts at home
- We need less information in our lives, fewer choices, and more depth
- Start living in your calendar
- You can’t do it all by yourself
- Tom Kelly, general manager of IDEO, the world-renowned design firm, likes to quote French novelist Marcel Proust, who famously said, “The real act of discovery consists not in finding new lands but in seeing with new eyes.” – Are you learning as fast as the world is changing?
One of the things that stuck out to me about this was article seeking inspiration from other places – other industries. Such a simple, but incredible powerful concept. I also think the Power of Pause applies here as without pausing to think – those discoveries can’t be seen.